Abstract Presentation Details
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts is now closed. Selected abstract presentations will be posted shortly.
You are invited to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentation at the 2018 International Conference on Promoting Healthy Brain Aging and Preventing Dementia: Research and Translation, taking place June 20-22, 2018 at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity in Banff, Alberta, Canada. A limited number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation.
New for 2018: Student Poster Competition
Trainees are invited to take part in the Student Poster Competition to showcase their original research at this year’s conference. In order to qualify for the competition, trainees should be listed as first authors on their abstracts and must attend to present the poster. Accepted abstracts will be presented at set times during which a judging panel will review and score each poster presentation. The judging criteria and schedule will be sent to presenters prior to the conference.
One winning poster from each abstract theme group (see below) will be selected and award recipients announced at the closing ceremony of the conference.
Presenters who do not wish to participate in the competition are also welcome to present their poster at the conference.
Please read this Call for Abstracts information carefully before accessing the abstract submission form.
|Abstract Submission Deadline:||EXTENDED to Tuesday, February 20, 2018 (4:59 PM MT)|
|Notification Date:||Monday, February 26, 2018|
|RSVP Date:||Monday, March 5, 2018|
|Early Bird Registration Deadline:||Friday, May 18, 2018|
Conference / Abstract Themes:
Abstracts should discuss and report on recent discoveries and innovations related to promoting healthy brain aging and delaying or preventing dementia, including research findings, technologies, and translational tools and services. We welcome submissions on the following topics:
- Theme 1: New frontiers of biomarker research, early detection and precision health application
- Theme 2: Markers of the pathophysiology and progression of neurodegenerative and vascular cognitive disorders
- Theme 3: Cutting-edge rodent models and the path to diagnostics/ therapeutics
- Theme 4: Exercise and cognitive interventions for healthy brain aging and prevention of dementia
- Theme 5: Applied research in dementia
- Theme 6: All other research and translation approaches to dementia, healthy brain and cognitive aging or other neurodegenerative diseases (eg. FTD, PD/LBD) not covered within themes 1-5
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process. The Abstract Review Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall Conference themes. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via email by February 26, 2018 and invited to present either a poster or oral presentation at the Conference.
All selected abstracts will be made available to the Conference participants.
Abstracts should follow a structured format, including sections for Introduction/Objective, Design and Methods, Results, Conclusions and implications for programs/policy (where applicable). Abstracts should include relevant background, well- described methods, study results including number of subjects and relevant statistics, and a clear statement about the novel findings that will be presented. Please do not include references.
Abstract Form Submission
Please use the official online abstract submission form only.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 350 words (excluding the abstract heading).
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. One official online submission is required for each abstract.
- There is no fee to submit abstract(s).
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the online abstract submission form.
Presentation at the Conference
- A small number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at the Conference; indicate on the submission form whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation.
- If an abstract is accepted for oral presentation or interactive workshop, the presenter(s) agree(s) to register for the Conference and pay the appropriate Conference registration fee by May 18, 2018.
- The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting posters, or giving an oral presentation based on an abstract submission, such as expenses for developing the poster, shipping, travel, or accommodation.
- The presenter will be required to stand by his/her poster(s) at specific times to answer questions during the Conference. In the case of multiple authors, at least one author is required to stand by the poster at the specified times.
- Posters must not exceed 115 cm x 115 cm (approx. 4x4’) in size but may be any dimension within these constraints. Oversize posters may not be displayed. Push pins will be provided at the Conference.
Promoting Healthy Brain Aging and Preventing Dementia: Research and Translation will take place June 20-22, 2018 at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity in Banff, Alberta, Canada. Information on accommodation can be found on the Conference website.
The Conference program will be submitted for accreditation with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Check www.can-healthybrains.com for details.
By submitting abstracts to the Conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their abstract in the Conference syllabus and on the Conference website.
For More Information
Campus Alberta Neuroscience 2018 International Conference
BUKSA Strategic Conference Services
Suite 307, 10328 - 81 Ave
Edmonton, AB T6E 1X2
Tel: 780.436.0983 ext. 229
Thank you to everyone who submitted an abstract for the Campus Alberta Neuroscience 2016 International Conference, Promoting Healthy Brain Aging and Preventing Dementia: Research and Translation. A link to the full abstracts booklet is below.